It gets a little warm in my heart
agosto 4, 2010 di blackhair80
When I think of winter. It’s always like this, I’m in the middle of summer and I get bored with hotness, blue skies and most of all with the clothes I’m wearing. Even if I know that I’m gonna regret it when it’s dark grey half of the day, the temperature it’s below zero and my jumper it’s not enough to keep me warm, right now I’m feeling this way. Maybe also because I’m working on winter fashion and everyday I’m obliged to look at all the great things that are waiting for us in the shops. That’s why I decided to share some thoughts and some of my favourite pieces and moods with you.
1. Antonio Marras and Sportmax socks, boots and layering, I’d like to wear knee-length skirts, long woolen jumpers and…why not? HUGE GLOVES.
2. Stella McCartney‘s and Céline straight lines. Striped jumper with black trousers and basic dresses, effortless class.
3. Everything that Chloé has to offer. The collection is flawless, I would say NO only to the fringed trousers, but I’ll be willing to put on even the woolen overall.
4. Marni‘s and Balenciaga‘s colour blocking style. I don’t know if I could actually wear these volumes but I do like their geometric design and their softness.
5. The whole Marc Jacobs‘ collection. I love the “sad schoolgirl” mood in grey, but also the ochre and beige/nude section. Don’t know about the shoes, I’m not ready for points or kitten heels yet.
6. Louis Vuitton‘s and Prada‘s Mad Men clothes. Do I really have to explain why? Oh and have you noticed the unforgettable GLOVES?
7. Alberta Ferretti‘s and Valentino‘s romantic little dresses. Always liked ruches, pleats, see-through silk, makes me think about faeries and faerytales and feel like Arwen.
8. Fendi‘s and Gucci‘s patchwork fur. I won’t wear a real one, I don’t know either if I would ever wear one, but I can’t not admire how beautiful they look like paired with ankle boots or cuissardes.
9. Christopher Kane‘s and Dolce&Gabbana lace stuff. Even if it means being in my underwear on the street. Am I right Anna?
10. Emilio Pucci‘s bell-bottoms trousers (I should still have a pair in my closet from 1996) and Ann Demeulemesteer‘s cape, to wear, it goes without saying, with long long GLOVES.
Thanks for your attention. Now I’m gonna dive into Milan’s August hot waves thinking about wool, coats, boots and GLOVES.